Keltique Privacy Notice
Keltique takes the protection of personal data very serious. This notice sets out how we manage personal data.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is (from 25 May 2018) governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“the GDPR”).
Who are we?
Keltique is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Keltique complies with obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. Keltique does not source personal data from third parties, other than as may be publically available. Keltique uses your personal data for the following purposes:
– Keltique collects from you and stores your name, contact details and voice part so that we can provide you with information about rehearsals, concerts and other musical events
– To process your subscription payment or fee payments to and from us
– To publicise social events and musical events, including names and other information about performers
– To provide you with information you may request from us
– Keltique may receive from you sensitive personal data which you volunteer about your health e.g. if you are unable to attend rehearsals or other events, and sometimes other sensitive personal information. This is not stored but may be shared between members of the Committee and Voice Part Representatives unless you request otherwise.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for use of your personal data is:
– Necessary to perform the services described
– Our legitimate need to obtain payment or to account for expenditure
– If Keltique publishes anything other than your name, voice part, a group photograph or video, apart from those details published via the password protected pages of the Keltique website, we will seek your specific consent
– Keltique’s legitimate interest in responding to your request
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be shared with Keltique’s Committee Members who are all nominated and elected at the Keltique AGM by members present or by proxy and also with other Members of Keltique via the password protected pages of the Keltique website. The password for these pages is shared only with Keltique members, Keltique’s Musical Director and accompanist. In all cases personal data is only shared to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes described above. Keltique will only share your data with third parties with your consent, unless it is required by law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Keltique keeps your personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary. In deciding how long we should keep your data we take into account the following criteria:
– The nature of your relationship with the Keltique: e.g. member, past member, supporter or past supporter
– The legitimate reasons Keltique may have for continuing to contact you deriving from our Constitution
– Any specific consents or requests you have made regarding the duration of processing of your personal data
– Your image may continue to appear in group photographs or videos after you cease to be a member
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
– The right to request a copy of your personal data which Keltique holds about you
– The right to request that Keltique corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
– The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Keltique to retain such data
– The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
– The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy of processing of your personal data to request a restriction is placed on further processing
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to how we process personal data
Keltique’s processing of personal data is kept under review by the Committee and this Data Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent we will provide you with a new notice explaining any new purposes and processing conditions and seek your prior consent to commencing such processing.